Human Rights Commission
- 6:30 p.m.
- Fourth Thursday of each month
- Chaska City Hall - Council Chambers
1 City Hall Plaza
Chaska, MN 55318
- Most Recent Agenda
- Agendas & Minutes (Jan. 2019 to present)
- Past Agendas & Minutes (Prior to Jan. 2019)
- Watch Human Rights Commission Meetings
About the Commission
The purpose of the commission is to secure for all citizens, through education and prevention, equal opportunities for employment, housing, public information, public services, education, fair treatment, and full participation in affairs of the community.
The commission's mission is to proactively partner with government, business, educators, religious, service, and other organizations to promote a community of harmony and respect for the rights and dignity of all.
- Jennifer Welvaert - Chairperson
- Sarah Carlson - Vice Chairperson
- Judy Dunbar
- Celi Haga
- Donzel Leggett
- Lisa White
- Ellen Bean
- Darryl Scarborough (1st Alternate)
- Seth Spreadbury (2nd Alternate)
Member Term Regulations
Members of the Human Rights Commission are appointed for 3-year terms, eligible for up to 3 terms for a maximum of 9 years. Terms are staggered. By ordinance, appointments are to be made at the first Council meeting in January of each year. Each member is expected to attend at least 1 meeting per month in the evenings, and devote approximately 5 hours per month to commission business outside of the meetings.
Members will work in small groups on specific projects and are expected to have an interest in human rights issues as they relate to such topics as housing, employment, public accommodations, education, and public services.