The City of Chaska will be conducting elections on November 8, 2016. Election judges are needed to work at the polling locations to supervise and help with elections. If you are 18 years of age or older and an eligible voter, you may qualify to serve as an election judge.
Duties of the election judge include:
• Opening and closing of the polls
• Being responsible for all election materials
• Ensuring that only qualified voters are permitted to vote, are at the correct polling site, and that each voter is permitted to vote only once
• Registering new voters on election day
• Distributing ballots
• Tallying and certifying the election results
Two to three hours of municipal training is required and will be offered through the City of Chaska on October 19th. Judges are paid for training and working at the polling place. Hours include: Full Day or Split Shits 6:00 am to 2pm or 1:30 pm to approximately 10:00 pm. If you are interested in this important civic opportunity or would like additional information, please contact Denise Wetzel, the Senior Clerk/Elections Coordinator at 952-227-7511 by September 16, 2016. Applications are also available at www.chaskamn.com.