Chaska Fire Department
The City of Chaska Fire Department is looking to recruit new paid-on-call firefighters for the year 2017!
Successful recruits become a part of the proud team of Chaska firefighters. Few part-time jobs afford the chance to help others, serve the community, and qualify for a pension, all while providing an essential public service.
Because the Chaska Fire Department provides a critical service to the community, it must take every precaution to select the best possible candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Hold a valid State of Minnesota driver’s license to maintain active membership.
- Must have a residence within ten minutes of the Chaska fire station.
- Must be able to carry out his/her responsibilities and provide good communications in a calm, positive, and professional manner under emergency conditions.
- Must successfully pass a Chaska Fire Department-sponsored background check, stress test, pulmonary function test, physical exam, and psychological evaluation.
- Informational meetings will be April 18th and the 20th from 7 pm to 9 pm at Chaska Fire. All applicants and their spouses or significant others are encouraged to attend one of the meetings.
The Chaska Fire Department offers a paid training program for new recruits in order to receive a full understanding of basic firefighting techniques, as well as emergency medical response procedures for basic life-saving activities. Recruits are expected to complete Firefighter I & II courses within the first six months of acceptance, and Emergency Medical Responder/CPR within 12 months, comprising an initial training commitment of 200 hours. A weekly two-hour business/training meeting takes place every Monday evening. Firefighters are issued all necessary equipment, at no personal cost to the recruit.
For more information, please contact the Chaska Fire Chief, Tim Wiebe at 952-227-7457 or at email@example.com. Applications should be submitted to the Chaska Fire Station at 285 Engler Boulevard, Chaska, Mn. 55318 by 4:30 pm on Friday April 14, 2017. Applications are available online at www.Chaskamn.com
In September, the department hosts an open house. During fire prevention week, firefighters are at schools and elderly housing units teaching young and old about the hazards of fire.
The department is available for questions you have as a home or business owner.