Fishing Contest Rules
Chaska Fire Department Relief Association 2017 Official Fishing Contest Rules
- The 60th Annual Chaska Fire Department Relief Association ice fishing tournament is scheduled for Saturday, February 25th, 2017, from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. at Fireman’s Park in downtown Chaska on the northwest corner of Co Rd 61 & Hwy 41. Contestants are discouraged inside fishing area prior to 12:00 noon.
- Entry fee for the contest is $2.00 per ticket purchased at the lake the day of the contest. No refunds will be given for any reason.
- Should inclement weather or bad ice conditions cause cancellation on Saturday, February 25th, 2017, the contest will be held at the Chaska Event Center with all “For the Fisherman” prizes and door prizes raffled off for those who attend and submit their tickets. Official notices will be posted at www.chaskafire.org
- The Fishing contest prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. Any size game fish is eligible for one of the eleven prizes. Fish species that are allowed for weigh in
are:northern, walleye, crappie, bluegill, sunfish, perch, and any species of bass. Rough fish, including bullhead and carpare not allowed for weigh-in.
- Contestants may reserve no more than one hole no earlier than 12:00 noon on the day of the contest.
- All fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station immediately and be alive. Please bring a bag or bucket, as the tournament requires
liverelease. All fish brought to the weigh inare kept and released by contest officials. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. All prize winners may be required to take polygraph exams as part of contest requirements. In the eventdeception is detected or the contestant refuses to take the exam, his/her prize will be forfeited. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at timeof weigh in.
- All fish must be caught and the contestant in route to the weigh-in station by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the contest.
- Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest.
- Contestants will be allowed to move to other unoccupied holes in the contest area. You are allowed to bring as many poles as
desired,but cannot use more than one pole per hole at a time. Contestants must use holes that have been provided. No additional hole drilling will be allowed before or during contestby any contestant.
- Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times. Contestants and holes must be in plain view from all sides at all times. No shelters will be allowed. Contestants may use a shelter for seating if it doesn’t interfere with adjacent holes. These shelters may not be set
- A Bucket Raffle will be held on the day of the event, tickets will be sold the day of the event for $2.00 each. Contestants can then place
ticketinto bucketin front of an item of their choice for a chance to win that item. Contestants need not be present to win.
- A cash raffle drawing will be held on the day of the event.
Costof ticket is $20.00. Tickets can be purchased prior to the event and sold up to 3pmthe day of the contest. Tickets can be purchased from the Chaska Fire Department or from any active or retired Chaska fireman. Contestants need not be present to win. The prizes are as follows: One each $5000.00, One each $2500.00, Two each $1000.00, Four each $ 500.00, Ten each $100.00.
- All laws of the State of Minnesota will be abided by.
- Contest and raffle prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation,
taxes,and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed in the contest area.
- Parking is available on the northwest side of the lake, located off County road 110. Contestants may also park on the side streets south of Chaska Blvd. (Formally HWY 212)
- All bait fish must be four inches or smaller. Any bait fish over four inches will not be allowed on the ice.
- Coolers and large containers are discouraged. No spears allowed. Heaters, chairs, bait pails; underwater cameras and depth finders are allowed. No licenses sold on the lake. Ice chisels are recommended as holes are drilled the morning of the contest and may ice over a little. The use of augers is not allowed. Weighted lines without hooks or bait can be used to check depth prior to 12:45 p.m. No lines are allowed in the water from 12:45 p.m. to the start of the contest.
- Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects contestants to disqualification and removal from competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
- Contest results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.
- Members of the Chaska Fire Department are ineligible to fish the tournament.
- All contestants and others hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
- Chaska Fire Department Relief Association thanks you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment and request that you remove refuse—including cigarette butts—from the ice when you leave. Glass containers are not allowed in contest area and will be confiscated by and forfeited to contest officials. Waste containers are provided.
- All contest updates available and valid only from www.chaskafire.org