A Special Election will be held on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 to elect a Ward II Councilperson and Ward IV Councilperson. If you live in Ward II or Ward IV, here are a few ways to vote for your City Council representative.
- Friday, March 29: Mail Absentee voting by mail begins
- Tuesday, May 7: Voting early in person begins
- Monday, May 13: Voting early in person ends at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 14: Special Election Day.
Mail Absentee Voting
To vote by mail, you must complete and return an absentee ballot application to have an absentee ballot mailed to you. You do not need to be registered to apply.
Please send completed application to:
City of Chaska
Attn: Elections Coordinator
1 City Hall Plaza
Chaska, MN 55318
For your ballot to count, remember this important information:
- Read the instructions that come with your ballot.
- You will need a witness when you vote and complete your ballot. The witness can be either a registered Minnesota voter or a notary.
- Mail the ballot and forms back right away after you finish. Your ballot will not count if it is received after Election Day. You can also return your ballot in person to Chaska City Hall (1 City Hall Plaza) no later than 3:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Watch a step-by-step instructional video on how to vote by mail. Video produced by city of Minneapolis.
In-person Early Voting
You can also vote in person prior to Election Day. In-person early voting will be available at Chaska City Hall (1 City Hall Plaza) during the following hours:
- May 7-10: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- May 11: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- May 12: offices closed
- May 13: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If you are not registered to vote, you can do so in person by showing proof of residence. View the State of Minnesota's proof of residence document list.
Election Day Voting
On Tuesday, May 14, polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Remember, this Special Election will only have the Councilperson for Ward II and the Councilperson for Ward IV on the ballot. Only those who live in Wards II & IV will vote.
View our interactive Chaska Ward Map to find out which ward you live in.
- Ward II (Map It)
Christ Victorious Lutheran Church
9860 Shady Oak Road
- Ward IV (Map It)
Chaska Community Center
1661 Park Ridge Drive