Junior Curling Traveling League
The Twin Cities Curling Association, along with representatives from the four member clubs, has been working on putting together a weekend junior curling program, that includes a traveling league, for the upcoming season. This program and the league would be separate from existing junior / youth programs. Here is a high-level summary of what the current plan is:
- Two, 8-week sessions on Saturday or Sundays. 8 Weeks before the holidays and 8 weeks after.
- Cost per session would be $80 per curler and would cover expenses and ice.
- Curlers would sign up as individuals.
- A merit program/skills evaluation would be used to construct teams at the beginning of each session
- The merit program would also be made available for each club to use as a way of evaluating progress within your own club's program.
- The goal is to give Junior Curlers more chances to play the game, have fun, and meet other curlers.
- Games would rotate between Blaine, Chaska, Frogtown, and St. Paul
If you have junior age curlers in your household or are a junior curler and think something like this would appeal to you, please participate in the following survey :
If you are interested and do not want to participate in the survey, information will be posted on the TCCA Facebook Page, the TCCA website at http://www.twincitiescurling.org/ and/or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.