Chaska, MN


I just moved to Chaska. What should I do?

The City of Chaska provides the electric, sewer, water, and storm water utility services to residents. Please call the City of Chaska Utility Billing Department at 952-448-9200 to apply for service stop in at City Hall, One City Hall Plaza, Chaska, MN 55318 and a customer service representative will be able to assist you. At least one day advance notice is required to schedule meter readings. You will need to complete a Contract for Utilities. If you are a renter, you must complete one of two service requirements. Service requirement options are as follows:

  • Pay a utility deposit equal to two times the average monthly utility bill (Utility Deposit Amounts for Rental Complexes)
  • You may provide a letter of credit from a current utility company showing no more than one delinquent payment during the immediate past 12 month period
  • *Please note that it is very important that you contact Utility Billing at 952-448-9200 prior to moving in or out so that a meter reading can be scheduled.

    What if I have an after-hours emergency?

    For electric, water, and sewer emergencies, call 952-448-4335. If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your Chaska.net internet service, call 952-227-4638.

    Do you have a senior citizen discount and how do I receive it?

    You are eligible for reduced electric rates if you are presently receiving retirement benefits, Retirement Survivor's Insurance Benefits, or Disability Insurance Benefits under the Social Security Act 42 U.S.C.#301, as amended, or if you receive a Federal or State Pension Plan. If you receive any of these benefits, please contact the City of Chaska Utility Billing Department at 952-448-9200 to sign up for reduced electric rates.

    I'm having a hard time paying my utility bill. What can I do?

    You can call Chaska Utility Billing at 952-448-9200 to enter into a Promise to Pay Agreement to avoid any interruption in your electric service due to delinquency of your utility account. The following organizations provide financial assistance and may also provide budget counseling:

    • Carver County Social Services 952-361-1600
    • Salvation Army 651-746-3400
    • Scott-Carver-Dakota CAP Agency 952-496-2125
    For complete qualifications and application information, please contact these organizations directly.

    Can I have my utility bill paid automatically from my bank account?

    Yes. You can sign up online at Direct Payment Plan or call City of Chaska Utility Billing at 952-448-9200. Automatic payments are deducted on the 12th of each month. There will be a message on the monthly bill when the automatic payment plan is in effect. Please see important note below: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR UTILITY CUSTOMERS USING A BILL PAY SERVICE New Remit Address and Customer Account Number Customers who pay their Chaska Utility Bill using a bill-pay service or bank must update their payment instructions to reflect a new remit mailing address. Mail your payment to: CITY OF CHASKA UTILITY BILLING PO BOX 9307 MINNEAPOLIS MN 55440-9307 New Account Number Format: Please also update your instructions to include both parts of your new account number, as shown on both the top of your bill and on the remit stub: Be sure to include the dash: 123456789-12345678 If unable to insert a dash, be sure to leave a space: 123456789 12345678 Do not combine the two parts of your account number without either the dash or a space. If you have any questions, please call the City of Chaska Utility Billing Department at 952-448-9200 to speak to a Customer Service Representative, available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

    What are my options when paying my utility bill?

    Payments can be made with cash, check, or money order. Credit / debit / check card payments, phone payments, and online payments are not accepted. Payments can be made 1 of 4 ways:

    • Mail to:
      City of Chaska Utility Billing
      PO Box 9307
      Minneapolis MN 55440-9307
    • In person:
      Customer Service Counter
      One City Hall Plaza
      Chaska MN 55318
      Monday - Friday
      7:30 a.m. - 4:30 pm
    • Chaska Utilities Drop Box:
      City Hall Parking Lot
      One City Hall Plaza
      Chaska MN 55318
    • Sign up for automatic bank pay:
      Go to Direct Payment Plan or call Utility Billing at 952-448-9200

    Do you need to get inside to read the meters?

    Most electric meters are read from the outside. However, the water meter is usually located inside the residence. Your water meter is typically read by remote from outside your home. On occasion, we may need to gain access to your water meter if there is a problem with the remote. We will contact you to schedule an appointment to gain access to the inside meter if such a need arises.

    Who do I call for other utility services?

    Utility Contacts

    What to do if I received a Disconnect Notice or my service has already been Disconnected?

    Contact the Utility Billing Department at 952-448-9200 ASAP. In accordance with City of Chaska Code of Ordinances, Section 8-27, a delinquent account that is not paid in full by 8:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of disconnection, shall be scheduled for disconnection and charged a service fee ($50 during regular business hours, $70 after business hours), plus MN State sales tax. A location scheduled for disconnection shall not be permitted to continue service or to re-establish disconnected service until the account has been paid in full, required deposits have been paid in full and the service fee has been paid in full.