The City of Chaska provides electric, water, sanitary sewer and storm water services to residents and businesses in the Chaska area. Every year, the Chaska City Council sets the rates for these services.
Our goal is to provide our customers with high quality, safe and efficient services at the lowest possible cost. We are dedicated to promoting conservation and responsible management of resources.
The Utility Billing Department manages resident billing for electric, water, sanitary sewer and storm water services.
Ways to pay your utility bill:
- Online with a credit/debit card using Citizen Self Service (CSS). The City of Chaska does not charge additional fees for online card payments.
- In person at Chaska City Hall with cash or check.
- The City of Chaska will never ask for payment over the phone.
Contractors for new construction
For electric hook-up, please email Chaska Utility Billing a copy of the MN State Electrical Permit or fax a copy to 952-448-9300.
- I just moved to Chaska. What should I do?
- What are my options when paying my utility bill?
- What to do if I received a Disconnect Notice or my service has already been Disconnected?
- Who do I call for other utility services?
- What if I have an after-hours emergency?
- I'm having a hard time paying my utility bill. What can I do?
- Can I have my utility bill paid automatically from my bank account?
- Do you have a senior citizen discount and how do I receive it?
- Do you need to get inside to read the meters?