Chaska Fire Department

The Chaska Fire Department started in 1871 as a volunteer department. It remains a volunteer organization with 45 firefighters, responding to over 400 calls a year. The department is proud of its high level of service and maintains an ISO rating of 4. The fire station, completed in 1996, is located at 285 Engler Boulevard. On display is a collection of memorabilia from the early days of the department, including the first motorized fire truck ever purchased by the department – a 1926 six-cylinder Studebaker, restored in every detail! Hanging prominently from the front of the Fire Station is the 400 lb. bronze bell used at the fire station in the early nineteen-hundreds.

In September, the department hosts an open house. During fire prevention week, firefighters are at schools and elderly housing units teaching young and old about the hazards of fire.

The department is available for questions you have as a home or business owner.


Contact Us

  1. Tim Wiebe
    Tim Wiebe


    Fire Chief
    Email

    Chaska Fire Department


    285 Engler Boulevard
    Chaska, MN 55318
    View Map

    Ph: 952-448-2990
    Emergency: 911

    Staff Directory