A recreational fire is defined as the burning of materials other than rubbish, where the fuel being burned is not contained in an incinerator, barbecue grill or barbecue pit. The total fuel area is limited to three feet or less in diameter and three feet or less in height.
These regulations apply to any recreational fire used for:
- Religious purposes
- Ceremonial purposes
- Or similar purposes
Recreational fires are allowed in the City of Chaska and Chaska Township.
Open burning is defined as the burning of a bonfire, rubbish, or other types of fire at an outdoor location where the fuel being burned is not contained in an incinerator, barbecue grill or barbecue pit.
Opening burning is not allowed in the City of Chaska or Chaska Township.
- Recreational fires shall not be conducted within 25 feet of a combustible structure or combustible material. Any condition that could cause the fire to spread to within 25 feet of a structure shall be eliminated prior to ignition.
- A non-combustible fire ring shall be constructed to contain the fire by such means as stones, bricks, steel or a freestanding fireplace.
- Recreational fires shall be constantly attended by a person 17 years of age or older until the fire is extinguished.
- No recreational fires are allowed when the DNR, State of Minnesota or City of Chaska have issued burning bans.
- Only clean, dry wood is allowed to be consumed in the fire. No construction materials, trash, rubbish or combustible waste will be allowed.
- Recreational fires shall be no larger than three feet in diameter and three feet in height.
- Recreational fires shall be extinguished if smoke emissions are offensive to building occupants, surrounding property owners, or if the burning is determined to be a hazardous condition.
- No recreational fires are allowed when high winds are blowing.
- Portable fireplaces shall be defined as a recreational fire and will be required to follow these policies.
- Failure to comply with any of the above policies may result in the Fire Department extinguishing the fire and/or fines. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>