Mail Absentee Voting
To vote by mail, you must complete and return an absentee ballot application to have an absentee ballot mailed to you. You do not need to be registered to apply.
For your ballot to count, remember this important information:
- Read the instructions that come with your ballot.
- You will need a witness when you vote and complete your ballot. The witness can be either a registered Minnesota voter or a notary.
- Mail the ballot and forms back right away after you finish. For the 2020 State General Election absentee ballots returned via mail must be USPS postmarked on or before election day (Nov. 3, 2020) and received by Nov. 10, 2020.
- Watch a step-by-step instructional video on how to vote by mail. Video produced by city of Minneapolis.
- Visit the Carver County absentee ballot website.
In-person Early Voting
You can vote in person prior to Election Day. In-person early voting is available at Carver County Government Center. For more information, visit the Carver County election website.
If you are not registered to vote, you can do so in person by showing proof of residence. View the State of Minnesota's proof of residence document list.
Election Day Voting
Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Don't know where your polling location is? Head to the state's polling place finder.