Community Service Officers
The Chaska Police Department's Community Service Officers (CSOs) are non-sworn officers. CSOs primarily assist with non-emergency calls for service and ordinance enforcement.
The following are most enforced ordinances.
- No vehicle shall park in a manner that obstructs or impedes snow removal
- Not allowed in the public right-of-way (area between the sidewalk and street)
- Not allowed on public property
- All signs removed by the Chaska Police Department are held for seven days. If unclaimed after seven days, signs are destroyed.
- View the sign regulations section of the zoning ordinance (PDF)
- All dogs over the age of six must be registered, licensed, and numbered before the first day of January each year. Download a dog registration form (PDF).
- No person shall keep more than three dogs or more than three cats on the premises or a combination of three total between the two
- Animals found running at large may be impounded. Owners are responsible for paying impound fines
- Lawn height shall not exceed 12 inches. This includes grass and weeds.
- All limbs above sidewalks shall not be less than eight feet
- The owner or tenant of any lot of land shall, within 24 hours after snowfall, remove snow from the sidewalk, in front or adjoining such lot of land
- No snow shall be removed from private property and deposited on a public street, park or parking area
- Only one recreational vehicle over 30 feet long is permitted per lot. This includes motor homes, travel trailers, pickups with slip-in campers, boats, motorcycles, and snowmobiles
- Open burning is prohibited except for recreational fires
- For more information, visit our recreational fires page.
- Failure to comply with this city ordinance may result in the Chaska Fire Department extinguishing the fire and potential fines