Community Service Officers
The Chaska Police Department’s Community Service Officers (CSOs) are non-sworn officers. CSOs primarily assist with non-emergency calls for service and ordinance enforcement.
The following are most enforced ordinances. Download printable "Getting to Know Our City Code" brochure (PDF).
- No parking in same location on public streets for more than 48 consecutive hours
- No vehicle shall park in a manner that obstructs or impedes snow removal
- Odd/even parking rules are in effect from November 1 to April 1.
- On even-numbered days, park on the side of the street with even-numbered addresses
- On odd-numbered days, park on the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses
- Not allowed in the public right-of-way (area between the sidewalk and street)
- Not allowed on public property
- All signs removed by the Chaska Police Department are held for seven days. If unclaimed after seven days, signs are destroyed.
- View the sign regulations section of the zoning ordinance (PDF)
- All dogs over the age of six must be registered, licensed, and numbered before the first day of January each year. Download a dog registration form (PDF).
- All dogs need to be on a leash of six feet or less when off of the property of their owner. This applies to all dogs, whether or not they are are registered with the City of Chaska.
- No person shall keep more than three dogs or more than three cats on the premises or a combination of three total between the two
- Animals found running at large may be impounded. Owners are responsible for paying impound fines
- Lawn height shall not exceed 12 inches. This includes grass and weeds.
- All limbs above sidewalks shall not be less than eight feet
- The owner or tenant of any lot of land shall, within 24 hours after snowfall, remove snow from the sidewalk, in front or adjoining such lot of land
- No snow shall be removed from private property and deposited on a public street, park or parking area
- Only one recreational vehicle over 30 feet long is permitted per lot. This includes motor homes, travel trailers, pickups with slip-in campers, boats, motorcycles, and snowmobiles
- Open burning is prohibited except for recreational fires
- For more information, visit our recreational fires page.
- Failure to comply with this city ordinance may result in the Chaska Fire Department extinguishing the fire and potential fines